Build realistic 3D representations of residential, commercial, or utility-scale PV systems in Solar Pro’s CAD interface. Use performance modeling to generate calculations, shade analysis, and client presentations.
3D CAD functionality is completely integrated into Solar Pro, allowing for a seamless design and simulation workflow without the need for third party applications. Users can build realistic three-dimensional representations of residential, commercial, or utility-scale PV systems in Solar Pro’s CAD interface. The Simulation Wizard includes templates of the most common residential roof designs, while the Roof Plan Input helps users draw more complex layouts. Solar panels and arrays can be placed individually or populated automatically based on available space. Upload and scale draft images of the site by simply copy-and-pasting images from clipboard, or via Solar Pro’s integrated Google Maps interface. Buildings, arrays, trees, and all other objects created interact with each other in 3D, allowing Solar Pro to calculate shading and power generation with great accuracy. Dimensioned layouts can be exported as dxf files or sent to printer.
- Guided design using the Simulation Wizard
- Roof templates for common residential and commercial roof designs
- Roof plan input for more complicated roof shapes
- Ground mounted arrays
- Single and dual-axis trackers
- Ability to import google map images and CAD files (dxf format)
- Ability to export to CAD file format (dxf)